35 Discussion Questions for “Moriah’s Mourning” by Ruth McEnery Stuart
- Describe how race is depicted in the story.
- How is marriage depicted in the story?
- Do a character analysis of Moriah.
- Why do you think Moriah’s peers react the way they do to the fact that Moriah is getting married again?
- Why do you think she gets remarried so quickly?
- How is the use of local dialect effective/ineffective?
- What racial stereotypes are broken or reinforced?
- What gender stereotypes are broken or reinforced?
A handout with these questions is available here.