45 Practice Exit Exam: “Multiple Intelligences”
Read the article “Multiple Intelligences” by Fred Mednick. Write an essay in response to one of the prompts listed below. The essay should be between 350-500 words in length and your essay should meet the following criteria:
- Have a clear introduction that states the main theme or thesis of the essay
- Have a clear beginning, middle and end.
- Makes explicit reference to both the reading and to your own/others’ experience with the topic.
- Provide enough detailed discussion of ideas so that a reader could learn something significant about your thinking on this topic.
- Use proof reading and editing effectively so that your surface error rate (grammar, spelling, punctuation) does not interfere with a reader’s understanding.
Your essay should address one of the prompts listed below.
- The article discusses multiple intelligences, and the critics of this theory claim that if the intelligence can’t be tested, then it isn’t valid. Based on your own experience, do you agree or disagree with these critics?
- According to the article, there are seven different types of intelligence, but only three are really valued in school. Compare and/or contrast your experience with this. What types of intelligences do you see valued in school? Be sure to make direct reference to the article.