2 Exercise 1: Identify Your Writing Preferences
Knowing your writing preferences will help you be more successful in your writing process. To define your idiosyncratic writing preferences, write a journal entry (several paragraphs) that addresses the following questions:
- When do you like to write?
- Where do you like to write?
- What writing tools (paper, pens, pencils, laptop, dictionary, thesaurus, etc.) do you need in order to write a document?
- What genres do you prefer to write? Why?
- How do you write your first draft? Are you a think-write writer or a write-write writer?
- What stages of the writing process do you use? Which are your strengths? And which are your weaknesses?