5 Exercise 2: Your Experience with Writer’s Block
Understanding how writer’s block impacts and sometimes paralyzes you will help you be more successful in overcoming it. To understand your experience with writer’s block, write a journal entry (several paragraphs) that addresses the following questions:
- What does your inner critic tell you about your writing skills?
- Besides the inner critic, what other factors cause you to experience writer’s block?
- What have you done in the past to combat writer’s block?
- Talk with another person about your writer’s block experience. What did they suggest as solutions for overcoming it?
- What changes do you want to make in the coming weeks and months in order to overcome writer’s block?