After reading “The Story of an Hour” by Kate Chopin, download the attached Freytag’s Pyramid Worksheet. Click into each textbox, list information from the story for each plot element:
- Exposition: List the characters and time period.
- Inciting Incident: Identify the first problem in the story.
- Rising Action: List the events (scenes) that lead up to the climax.
- Climax: Identify the turning point in the story.
- Falling Action: List events that unfold after the climax.
- Denouement (Resolution): Explain how the story ends.
- Theme: Identify the theme of the story.
Click this link: Freytags-Plot-Worksheet