Pay close attention to these important dates. I suggest that you print this page and keep it next to your computer for frequent reference.
- The Icebreaker Module opens 1 week prior to the start of the course, and you should start on those activities as soon as possible.
- The discussion forums for each learning module open on the start date and close on the end date. Posts submitted after the end date will not be graded.
- Submit your initial posts (1 post in the discussion forum) during the first 3 days that the module is open.
- Log-on and participate in each discussion forum on at least 4 different days – spread evenly throughout the length of the module. This gives everyone in the class a chance to read and respond to posts.
- Try VERY hard to submit your essays/papers and your writing lab assignments on time. Falling behind in your work is a sure enough way to do badly. I do not want that to happen to you.
|Module Assignments:||Discussion Forums begin||Discussion Forums end||Writing Assignments|
|Before the course begins: Read all of the “Course Information” documents. Complete the Icebreaker Acvtivities.||Icebreaker Activities are available as of 8/21||Icebreaker Module ends on 9/4||All icebreaker activities are ungraded|
|Module 1: The Writing Process||Discussions begin 8/28||Discussions end 9/11||9/12 DUE: Essay 1 and Writing Lab 1|
|Module 2: Narrative||Discussions begin 9/13||Discussions end 9/27||9/28 DUE: Essay 2 and Writing Lab 2|
|Module 3: Definition||Discussions begin 9/29||Discussions end
|10/17 DUE: Essay 3 and Writing Lab 3|
Module 4: Research Project
Discussions begin 10/18
Discussions end 11/4
11/5 DUE: Essay 4 and Writing Lab 4
|Module 5: Argument/Persuasion||Discussions begin
|Discussions end 11/21||11/22 DUE: Essay 5 and Writing Lab 5|
|Module 6: Experiential (real-life) Essay||Discussions begin 11/26||Discussions end 12/6||12/7 DUE: Essay 6 and Writing Lab 6|
|Module 7: Culminating Activities: Best Writing/Reflections||No Discussions
| No Discussions
Writing/Reflections End 12/12
|12/12 DUE: Culminating Activity|
|Grades Submitted by Professor||12/14||All Grades due 12/14|