This course is designed to:
- Expose the student to the benefits and expectations of a Herkimer College education, and promote academic success.
- Help the student increase self-motivation, personal responsibility, and understanding of his or her role in being an informed participant in the educational process.
- Create an environment that helps the student establish healthy relationships and support networks.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
The student who successfully completes this course will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of Herkimer College institutional policies and mission statement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of support networks (Campus Safety, Counseling Center, Advisement Center, Career Services, Academic Support Center, Student Help Desk, Internet Academy, and Library Services).
- Explain the role of self-efficacy, personal goals, and motivation in improving academic life.
- Describe the behaviors and characteristics of an effective learner.
MAJOR DIVISIONS OF SUBJECT MATTER
- Introduction to College Support Services
- Self-Awareness Assessment
- Health, Safety, and Well-Being
- Grit, Goal Setting, and Motivation
- Academics and Advisement
- Campus Involvement
Herkimer College is committed to modifying and improving the course learning activities based upon the feedback provided by the course assessment process. Students will have achieved the learning outcomes if they demonstrate mastery at the 70% level (minimum).