This module will provide students with an introduction to the religion of Judaism. The module will familiarize students with Jewish religious history as well as the beliefs and practices of Judaism. From there, students will complete the Timeline Activity, organizing important events from Jewish history in the proper order. On this module’s Discussion Board, the student will argue for a theme that has defined Jewish religious history from antiquity to the modern era. Finally, the student will demonstrate proficiency of this Learning Unit through the module assessments. (1)
This module aligns with Learning Outcome 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5.
Upon completion of this module, the student will be able to:
- Describe the importance of the Hebrew Bible to the Jewish faith.
- Discuss the significance of turning point moments within ancient Israelite and early Jewish tradition.
- Recognize how Judaism spread and developed following the Jewish diaspora.
- Identify essential elements related to Jewish theology.
- Discuss the relationship between ritual and memory within Jewish tradition.
- Identify important elements within the Jewish festival tradition.
- Compare and contrast the major religious schools within Judaism. (1)
Learning Unit 6
Assignments and Learning Activities
- Complete Module 6 Discussion
- Complete Judaism Timeline Activity
- Complete Module 6 Quiz