This course is designed to enable students to:
- identify and discuss the role and importance of research in the social sciences.
- identify and discuss the issues and concepts salient to the research process.
- identify and discuss the complex issues inherent in selecting a research problem, selecting an appropriate research design, and implementing a research project.
- identify and discuss the concepts and procedures of sampling, data collection, analysis and reporting.
Student Learning Outcomes:
Students who successfully complete this course will be able to:
- explain key research concepts and issues
- read, comprehend, and explain research articles in their academic discipline.
- SLO #1 is assessed via student-led discussions of the textbook in Modules 1 through 5.
- SLO #2 is assessed via student led discussions of the 5 research designs presented in the Research Portfolio.