Cover letters should be formatted like a formal letter and include a return address, date, and a greeting. Be sure to end the letter with a salutation. Remember that employers are using the cover letter to evaluate your written communication skills.
- State why you are writing, how you learned about the position, and basic information about you.
- Explain WHY you are interested in the position and the type of work the employer does.
- Demonstrate that you know enough about the employer or position to relate your background to them.
- Use this paragraph to explain important information from your resume in greater detail
- Thank the employer for their consideration & indicate you would welcome the opportunity for an interview.