Assignment: Paper – School Proposal
Value: 20 Points
NAEYC Standards: 1, promoting child development and learning; 2; building family and community relationships; 4, using developmentally effective approaches to connect with children and families; 5, using content knowledge to build meaningful curriculum; 6, becoming a professional
NAEYC Supportive Skills: 2, mastering and applying foundational concepts from general education; 3, written and verbal communication skills; 5 Identifying and using professional resources.
Imagine that you are starting up a new school for young children in the Early Childhood years. You have the chance to structure it in any way you choose, based upon the philosophical underpinnings of Vygotsky, Piaget and Montessori. Please use these philosophies as you create a Welcome Packet for parents considering sending their children to your school. Back up your statements and ideas with outside reading. Include the following in your proposal:
- What would your school physically look like? Include maps.
- How will the children learn best?
- What is a typical school day structure?
- What is the role of the teacher?
- What is the role of the parent?
- What is the role of the community?
- Please provide four (4) mini lessons (Lucy Calkins) across the content areas that you might use in your school.
- Feel free to add anything else that you feel might be important.
- Don’t forget to add your reference list at the end in APA format.
- Don’t forget to cite IN- TEXT in APA format.