Want to create or adapt books like this? Learn more about how Pressbooks supports open publishing practices.
Book Contents Navigation
About This Course
1. Directions for "The Interview" Questions
2. Your Writing History
3. "Nuggets" from Your Writing History
4. Helpful Hints & Common Mistakes - Homonyms, Misused Words, & Commas
5. What Does a Map Have to Do With Writing Essays?
6. The Mapping Exercise
7. Discuss 2 Paths/Routes
8. Why You Did This Exercise
9. 5¶E - What is the 5 Paragraph Essay?
10. 5 Paragraph Essay Discussion
11. The 5¶E in College - Will You Use It or Not?
12. The Experience Essay - Using Description and Narration
13. Experience Essay Freewrite #1
14. Experience Essay Freewrite #2
15. Other Experience Essay Topics
16. Submit Your Experience Essay (1st Draft)
17. Peer Exchange - Getting Feedback from Others
18. Submit Your Experience Essay (2nd/Final Draft)
19. The Compare/Contrast Essay - Similarities and Differences Come to Light
20. Compare/Contrast Essay Freewrite #1
21. Compare/Contrast Essay Freewrite #2
22. Other Compare/Contrast Topics
23. Submit Your Compare/Contrast Essay (1st Draft)
24. Peer Exchange - Getting Feedback from Others
25. Submit Your Compare/Contrast Essay (2nd/Final Draft)
26. The Issues Essay - Using Argument and Persuasion
27. Issues Essay Topics
28. MLA Documentation - How to Cite Your Sources
29. Quoting vs. Paraphrasing - MLA Style
30. Sample MLA Paper
31. Library Resources
32. Other Useful Information - Research Links, Citation Machines, etc.
33. Submit Your Issues Essay (1st Draft)
34. Submit Your Issues Essay (2nd/Final Draft)
35. Portfolio Assignment
36. Sample Portfolio
37. The Portfolio - Submit Here
Permission granted by author, who was a former student: SamplePortfolio
Introduction to College Writing Copyright © by Lumen Learning is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.