67 Introduction to Module 7
In this module, we focus on articulating several benefits of using presentational aids in your speeches. We will discuss different types of presentational aids and determine how to choose appropriate presentational aids for different speech types. We also focus on some strategies for effective language use, and ways of creating and integrating your presentational aids effectively. Finally, we turn our attention to delivery (styles and methods). We discuss the symptoms and causes of public speaking apprehension and propose methods for managing communication apprehension effectively.
- Identify various types of presentational aids and guidelines for their use.
- Discuss strategies for effective language use.
- Identify main methods of delivery.
- Understand causes of communication apprehension (CA) associated with public speaking and main techniques to reduce CA.
Chapter 10 from Communication in the Real World: An Introduction to Communication Studies Assignments.
Discussion Question 7
Instructions: Please post your answer to this question, using this link. Do not use attachments. Please write in complete sentences. Be sure to edit, spell check and answer all parts of the question with details, explanations, and examples highlighting the course material and your own insights. Remember – this is your chance to show that you have read, understand, and can apply the course material. Your answer should be at least 200 words in length.
DQ 7: Discuss several specific strategies that can help you manage your public speaking apprehension/nervousness and build confidence.
For the speech outline that you created in Module 6, create a 6-8 slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation with notes. Please include the following:
- Title slide for your presentation
- Intro slide with the main points to be covered
- At least 4 slides on the content of your presentation with notes for each slide.
- Concluding slide with the summary of the main points
- References slide with all the sources used to create your presentation listed in the APA style.
- Share your presentation with others by posting it in the Module 7 PowerPoint Presentation / PowerPoint Presentations (Sharing) discussion forum. Be sure to answer any questions the instructor and/or others may have on your presentation.
Take the Module 7 quiz. This quiz covers Chapter 10 of your textbook. There are 10 multiple choice and 10 true and false questions based on your assigned text readings. You will have 45 minutes to complete the quiz, and you may take the quiz twice. The higher of your two scores will be recorded as your grade.