27 Module 2 Assignments
How does one’s cultural identity (or sense of belonging to a particular group) affect our attitudes towards others?
Journal 2: Understanding Your Cultural Values
For this activity, you have to interview the oldest member of your family and then try to understand your family’s influence/effect on the formation of your own cultural values. Please answer the following questions:
- When did you ancestors come to the U.S? (If your ancestors were native people, then when did you first learn about your ancestors’ culture(s)?)
- Where did they come from?
- What were the reasons for their move?
- What language(s) did they speak?
- What difficulties did they encounter?
- What were their occupations before they came, and what jobs did they take on their arrival?
- Did they change their names? Why?
- How has your family status changed through the generations?
Write a 2 page (typed, double-spaced, font Times New Roman, size 12) summarizing your findings.