Common Course Objectives:
This course is designed to:
- Introduce students to the concepts, theories, and research which define this discipline of Psychology.
- Provide an understanding of the methods social scientists use to explore social phenomena, including observation, hypothesis development, measurement and data collection, experimentation, evaluation of evidence, and employment of mathematical and interpretive analysis.
- Objective 1 is assessed via the discussion forums.
- Objective 2 is assessed via a separate exam in the first module.
- 3. Develop proficiency in critical thinking and self-determined learning.
- 4. Develop the students’ capability for connecting discipline content to personal values and behavior.
Assessment of Heutagogical Course Objectives:
- Objective 3 is assessed via the textbook chapter discussions and website reviews and discussions.
- Objective 4 is assessed via the Knowledge Audit Reflective Blogs