This week you will introduced to formatting tables, utilizing shapes and text boxes, applying clip art and WordArt, and Smart Art. A table is a grid made up of rows and columns of cells that can be willed with text and/or graphics. The definition of these terms are presented in the Creating Tables Information.
There are three assignments this week. Two assignments will reinforce constructing tables. The third assignment is to create a three-fold brochure. This assignment is very details and will take more time to develop. Be sure to give yourself enough time to complete it.
The student will:
- Create a Table
- Input and manipulate data in a table
- Add, delete, move table columns and rows
- Utilize shapes, text boxes, clip art, WordArt and Smart Art
- Create tabulations in a brochure
Creating Tables Information. Definitions of items used in a table, guidelines on how to create a table, and adding and deleting rows and columns are contained in this information.
Horse Breeds Assignment. In this assignment you will create an entire table and you will be introduced to the AutoFit feature. (20 points)
Pie Chart Assignment. This assignment reinforces your knowledge of tables introduces color and style for tables. (15 points).
WordArt Information. This information explains how to insert WordArt and make changes to it with Shape and Text enhancements.
Insert Image Information. This information explains how to insert online pictures.
Horse Camp Assignment. (45 points) This is a length exercise that covers many features learned previously plus using WordArt, Text Boxes, Shapes and Text features. (45 points)
Submitting your work:
- When completing each task, make sure to save your document to the desktop or your personal storage unit (memory stick, jump or flash drive, etc.)
- Click on the underlined word(s) at the top of each assignment. An “email-like” format appears with the number of points possible in the upper left corner.
- Find the box “Browse My Computer.” Click on that and search for your saved document.
- Click Submit.
- For additional help, please see the EXTRA HELP folder in the CONTENT area called “How to
Submit Your Work.”