Module 9: Primary Source Analysis Questions
Using the excerpts provided from the Sadler Reports : Answer the following questions and
complete and coherent sentences. Answer each part of the questions asked.
1) What do these testimonies reveal about child labor? Provide an example.
2) Are there any differences based on gender in these testimonies?
3) What effect did the labor have on the children? Provide an example.
4) What steps were taken keep the children on task? Provide an example.
5) From the point of view of the parents, why was it important to have your children in the
factory? For the factory owners, what was the benefit of child workers?