After successful completion of this module, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the concepts and terminology of Ancient Greek art
- Investigate and apply the fundamental questions we ask when looking at art objects from this era
- Discuss, collaborate, and generate understanding as to the meaning of Ancient Greek art
- Assess and evaluate the impact of Ancient Greek art on the continued evolution of Western art
Key Questions to Ask
While you are reviewing the content of this module, consider the following questions:
- What are the common features of Greek art and architecture?
- What elements of Greek art and architecture do you still see today?
- How did Greek sculpture change from the Late Classical to Hellenistic era?
Key Vocabulary Terms
- Hellenistic art
- rock-cut facade
- broken pediment
Here are links to art history glossaries that will help you better understand the above key vocabulary terms.