Discussion 6A – Outline Your Paper
A definition or categorical evaluation argument is an easy style of essay to organize because you can structure your paragraphs around the criteria you chose to define the term or category.
For this discussion assignment, create an outline for your essay. Your outline should include the following points:
- the topic (the term you will define)
- the main idea
- the definition criteria you will discuss
- important supporting points
- sources/quotes from sources
- potential rebuttals to the main idea/supporting points
Your outline should present your ideas in the same order you anticipate for your essay.