44 Study Guide: Cellular Respiration
Objective: Describe the process by which energy stored in a glucose molecule can be used by a cell.
Use this page to check your understanding of the content.
Study Guide Questions
- What is the chemical equation that describes cellular respiration?
- What are the “reactants” in the chemical equation from question 1? What are the products?
- Where does cellular respiration take place? Be sure you know where each individual stage occurs!
- Name and describe the purpose of the 2 electron carriers that participate in cellular respiration.
- Be able to do “energy accounting” for each stage of cellular respiration. Account for all electron carriers and ATP molecules produced.
- Compare and contrast the 3 stages of cellular respiration.
- Clearly explain the importance of OXYGEN in cellular respiration.
- Where does the water come from that is produced in cellular respiration?
- Where does the carbon dioxide come from that is produced during cellular respiration?
- Where does the sugar come from that is used during cellular respiration?
- Where does the oxygen come from that is used during cellular respiration?
- Exactly how is ATP made in the electron transport chain?
- What role do hydrogen ions play in the process of energy production?