81 Study Guide: Mendelian Genetics
Objectives: Determine the probable offspring of two parent organisms.
Use this page to check your understanding of the content.
- True breeding
- Law of independent assortment
- Law of segregation
- Test cross
Study Guide Questions
- Understand Gregor Mendel’s experiments, his results, and his conclusions.
- Clearly relate MEIOSIS to Mendel’s work.
- Given data from a genetic cross, be able to determine information about how the trait in question is inherited.
- Be able to successfully “do” both monohybrid and dihybrid crosses.
- Understand the labels P, F1, F2 in reference to various genetic crosses.
- What is a test cross? When is it used? Be able to interpret the results of a test cross.
- Clearly connect the following 3 words: genotype, phenotype, protein