68 Study Guide: Mitosis
Objective: Illustrate the process of asexual reproduction in eukaryotic cells.
Use this page to check your understanding of the content.
- Homologous chromosome
- Sister chromatid
- Somatic cell
Study Guide Questions
- Generally compare and contrast mitosis and meiosis.
- Carefully compare and contrast chromosomes and chromatin.
- Explain the advantages/disadvantages of DNA in chromatin form, vs. chromosome form. Relate your response to the stages in the cell cycle when DNA is found in each form.
- What are homologous chromosomes?
- Define HAPLOID and DIPLOID.
- How many chromosomes do humans have?
- Where did your chromosomes come from?
- Be able to label all stages in the cell cycle. Also be able to say exactly WHAT is happening during each stage.
- What is the purpose of “checkpoints” during interphase?
- What is a centriole?
- Be able to describe what is happening in a cell during EACH stage in mitosis.
- Be able to determine the number of chromosomes AND the amount of DNA in a cell during each stage of the cell cycle.
- Given any diagram or picture of a cell in a phase of mitosis, be able to identify the phase.
- Distinguish between cytokinesis in an animal cell and a plant cell.