88 Study Guide: Non-Mendelian Genetics
Objective: Describe inheritance patterns that do not follow Mendelian patterns.
Use this page to check your understanding of the content.
- Polygenic inheritance
- Incomplete dominance
Study Guide Questions
- What is incomplete dominance? How does this affect the phenotypic ratios of the offspring in various crosses?
- Give an example of incomplete dominance.
- What is co-dominance? How does this affect the expected phenotypic ratios of the offspring in various crosses?
- Give an example of co-dominance.
- Understand the genetics of blood types.
- What is penetrance? How does this affect the expected phenotypic ratios of the offspring in various crosses?
- What is epigenetics? What significance does this have in the study of inheritance?
- Compare and contrast all of the following situations, and give an example of each:
- Multiple alleles
- polygenic inheritance
- the effect of the environment on phenotype