17 Study Guide: Chemistry of Life
Objective: Describe the molecular basis of life.
Use this page to check your understanding of the content.
Study Guide Questions
- Give examples of monosaccharaides, disaccaraides, and polysaccharaides.
- Compare and contrast the following polysaccharaides: Glycogen, starch, chiton, cellulose
- What is the monomer that makes up each of the following classes of biomolecules?
- Nucleic acids
- Distinguish between the 3 types of lipids.
- Compare and contrast saturated, unsaturated, and trans-fatty acids.
- Describe the 4 different levels of protein structure.
- What happens when a protein is denatured?
- What factors can result in protein denaturation?
- List some important functions of proteins.
- Describe the structure and function of the 4 major classes of biomolecules. Answer this question to the detail covered in lecture.