Objective: Describe the experiments, data, and conclusions that were instrumental in the discovery of the structure of DNA.
Use this page to check your understanding of the content.
- Nucleic acid
- Nitrogen base
- Pentose sugar
- Phosphate group
Study Guide Questions
- Clearly describe the general structure of nucleic acids.
- Write one sentence that clearly illustrates the relationship between “nucleotide” and “nucleic acid”.
- Compare and contrast DNA and RNA.
- Distinguish between the 3’ and 5’ ends of a nucleic acid.
- Answer questions like this: If 22% of an organism’s DNA contains ADENINE nucleotides, how many THYMINE nucleotides will the DNA contain? Guanine? Cytosine?
- Given a handful of nucleotides, be able to build a correct model of DNA.