What you’ll learn to do: use the Lorenz Curve to analyze the distribution of income and wealth
In this outcome, you will use the Lorenz Curve to examine the unequal distribution of income in the United States and take a closer look at the poverty trap and what the government does to reduce income inequality.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Poverty and Economic Inequality
- Reading: The Poverty Trap
- Reading: The Safety Net
- Reading: Explaining Inequality
- Reading: Measuring Income Inequality
- Reading: Government Policies to Reduce Income Inequality
- Self Check: Measuring and Understanding the Distribution of Income
Take time to review and reflect on each of these activities in order to improve your performance on the assessment for this section.