The following information will help clarify the Writer/Reader Relationship:
- The writer provides valid information (proposes an idea).
- The reader accepts that information (accesses and understands information) and responds with active participation.
Using persuasion in your writing will help to promote audience participation. The following tips can be used to strengthen persuasion in documents:
- Know your audience (the reader’s knowledge and attitude).
- Know what you want your audience to do (the reader’s purpose for being actively involved).
- Use clear and specific content within a business and technical format/design (the two prongs of technical writing).